Friday, March 03, 2006


Yesterday was a pretty good day. I actually got up at 5:40(can't believe I actually made myself crawl out of bed) and did my exercise before anyone else got up. It's crazy how good you feel once you do it but getting started is a pain in the butt. If any of you are looking for an awesome workout that you can do at home....Nike Kinetics. It's made for the Playstation. You have to have or get an Eyetoy, but it is incredible. It has cardio, combat (lots of punching), yoga, Tai-chi, etc. and it gives you one heck of a workout. I absolutely love and would recommend it to everyone. It never gets boring because it changes the routine(Wow, I really had to think how to spell that) everytime you use it. It is generally 3, sometimes 4 days a week.

There are some days that having kids isn't such a bad thing. Jo stayed home again because she felt better but was still tired. She is such a huge help when it comes to her little brother. I never worry about leaving Riley with her and it frees me up to just run those "quick" errands that take forever when you're having to get a toddler in and out of the car 50 times!

I spent the entire morning doing "homework" with Boogie (Riley's nickname). We are part of the HIPPY (not sure exactly what that stands for) program and they bring learning things and books to us everyweek to start learning just basic ideas like full/empty, open/close, story retention and things like that. We got started in the program a little late and so we are doing 2 and 3 lessons in a week and he loves it. Anyway, we got all of our work done and then we all went outside. It was a gorgeous 70-something degrees and we blew bubbles, he rode his tractor and chased the puppies.

After I got Cooper from school, he, Boogie and I went out to play catch. Tryouts for baseball are in 2 weeks and we're trying to get ready. I think that Coop would rather play catch with someone who could actually throw the ball to him. I'm trying to be cool and about that time I'll wing off to the left or the right!!!! Oh well, at least he's getting in some practice at having to chase after the balls! Boogie was helping too. He can really throw a ball at 3. He threw Coop the ball from where I was standing and it reached him! I have been blessed with 2 athletic boys.

Went to Kristy's for stamp club and it was a blast as usual. She is really talented and we all enjoy learning new techniques....and especially buying new stuff. New stamps, new paper, new paperpunches, new ink, new, new, new!!!! What's so funny is that I get new stuff and have no time to use it! Wait....I do have time to use it but no alone time to do it. Everytime I start to do something Riley is right there grabbing, pulling, "Can I hep youing," etc. Oh well, like I said, we are counting down to preschool next year!

I got home and I ask Boogie if he was a good boy for Daddy and he proceeded to tell me "I didn't say retard, stupid or butt crack." Am I a proud mother or what!
What more could I ask for!


3 comments:

McDreamy said...

soo...that's where my boys learned it!!
just kidding. ;)
oh my gosh, you sound like the perfect mom.
i've spent the last 2 days moving rooms and furniture around and settling into the house (i KNOW it's been 2 months), still don't have the house clean and haven't spent 10 minutes with my kiddos. good grief.
here's to you, sister!

McDreamy said...

i know i just commented, but i happened to notice you have links now...lookit you.
and how on earth did i get super-mom status? are you kidding me? are we talking about the same suzanne? thank you, anyway. :)
but, um, my link is not right. um, it's JoyfulChaosblog.blogspot.com.
thank ya, thank ya, thank ya!

Kristy said...

okay, now you have really made me want to come try out the kinetics thing. i'm proud of you and am so glad you called me this week to see if i was up exercising. it's just what i needed. you're the best and i'm so glad you love club as much as i do!