Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Fish, Cheerleading.....anything else!!!!

Where to begin, where to begin......this is the first chance I've had to get anywhere near the computer in 2 weeks! We have been running ragged! Let's see.....Jo had cheerleading tryouts this past Friday and lo and behold, I know have a bonafide cheerleader in my house. She told me that it will probably cost us about $800.00 for everything....OH GREAT! Anyway, she was the last name read off and she proceeded to fall on the floor in the fetal position and bawled! Then for the next 2 hours she ran around the house, with a phone in her hand, screaming! I'm not sure that anyone on the other end got anything intelligible out of it but you know how teenage girls are..they have their own language! She's off on a mission trip this week during Spring Break in Mississippi, trying to help out down there.

The Fish. We have a new family member....as if we needed something else in our house. His name is Nemo...pretty elaborate, huh!? The fish story is really very exciting. We get Nemo in a Wal-Mart fish bag as a gift. The goldfish is huge and the water in the bag is a little nasty. They brought us a little round fish bowl that is made for bettas and when I put him in I notice that this is definitely not enough space for the monster fish. I didn't have time right then to go get a tank but we did get one later in the day. Supposedly you need to add the chemicals to neutralize the chlorine, blah, blah, blah, so we filled up the tank and put in all the froo-froo and let it set for about an hour. I'm out in the garage doing something and Ronny comes out and says that he doesn't think that Nemo is doing very well. I come in and Nemo is doing the side stroke...without the stroke! We tried to get Riley to let us put him out in the garage under the premis that Nemo needed a nap but that only started the "Nemo will be scared without me" bawling fit. Then we tried to get him to let me put him in the den and that didn't work either....but....as I set the bowl down on the desk, I notice that Nemo jerks. So I set it down a couple more time to ensure that my eyes aren't playing tricks on me, and he does it every time. I know that he is on his way to visit the heavenly ocean in the sky so I figure what can it hurt if we go ahead and put him in the tank with all the chemicals? He's on his way out anyway, right? Well, we were sorely mistaken because Nemo made a complete recovery in a matter of about 15 minutes!!! Is that not absolutely crazy. Guess he just overdose on grimy water. Anyway, he is doing well in his new home and Riley has decided that Nemo is no longer scared without him so he (Riley) needs to sleep in our bed all of the time! Aren't we blessed!

Keep me in your prayers because Cooper is out of school this week and the boys can't seem to be in the same room for longer than 30 seconds before they are yelling or hitting each other!!!!! HELP ME!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

They are monster fish and suprisingly ours is stiill kickin' it or swimmin' it or whatever you say about fish :) Nemo is a great name for Riley's fish, by the way---much more creative than "Friend"...hang in there without Jo this week, I have faith that you will make it!

Mandy said...

Congrats to Jo on making the cheer team! I was a cheerleader all through school and a cheer coach too so I know how excited she must've been. :)

Glad Nemo pulled through! We had a Beta fish named Darla (off of Nemo's movie also lol.. the evil little girl.. remember?) He had a rather exciting death.. ask me about it next time you see me.. he tried to kill Clayton on his way to fish heaven...