Thursday, March 02, 2006

This is SO my life!

This picture is truly the explanation of my life. My kids did such an awesome job in the photo booth and other than the fact that you can see clear up my nose, mine didn't turn out too bad either! Aren't they absolutely adorable!!!!

Poor Jordyn has been home from school for 2 days with one of the cruds that are going around right now...strep, stomach flu, bronchitis, regular ol' flu...it's a wonder that we aren't all dead! I've had bronchitis for a month, Riley woke up this morning with a fever and a soon as I say that Cooper hasn't gotten sick he will wake up feeling bad in the morning! It truly works that way for me...everytime.

I have to change the subject from my kids for just a minute...how great is our God. For those of you close to me, we all know how far away we can feel sometimes, but right now I feel like I could just reach out and touch him! I was reading a book and the author said her goal was to walk closely enough to Jesus to get his dust in her face. How incredibly awesome is that vision! I have to say that having a 14 year old has actually brought me closer in the last month or so...I really don't mean that in a bad way. I have just been able to disciple her in the situations that she is dealing with in school and with her friends and it has actually strengthened me. Back home (up north) if you were involved in church you were a Bible thumper and got a lot a crap for your faith and so sharing my faith has been an incredibly hard thing to do for me and somehow talking with Jo, while we're fixing dinner or she's crying on my shoulder, has relieved some of the fear I have about sharing my faith. Isn't funny how God uses our children to humble us and bring us into a better place...sometimes.

Anyway, I am really looking forward to our Stampin' Up stamping club meeting tonite at Kristy's. After I had Riley I scrapbook 98% of his pics and once he became mobile I found that it was more of a hassel to try to sit down and do ANYTHING, so stamping and scrapbooking fell by the wayside. I am now about 2 years behind on Riley's and I figure that if I play my cards right I could maybe get Jo and Coop's school scrapbooks done by the time they graduate! I am still hopeful that when Riley starts 2 day preschool in the fall that maybe I can begin to make a dent. Who knows maybe by then I will have officially lost my mind and won't remember who any of the pictures are of!

2 comments:

McDreamy said...

the pics are SO awesome!
i love y'all!

Carolyn said...

Love the photos!! Also love how you are such a great mom to Jordyn! She is beautiful inside and out! She so needs you right now and I am so glad you are there for her!! You are great! Caro