Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Where's MY space!?

Here we are yet again. Can't believe I actually have time to post...time that I should be cleaning house, laundry, etc, etc. Oh well!

Hey, I wanted to clarify something in my first post. I re-read what I posted and I made it sound like I was upset with my husband for not disciplining the kids more and I didn't mean that at all. You have to take into account the brain cells lost from giving birth 3 times, talking on the phone while trying to type and simply trying to come up with something funny to say. I was really just trying to emphasis that the "discussion" is one that I had had 3 billion times before and ended up with the same results. Anyway.....
Yesterday was actually a pretty decent day in the whole scheme of things. We started a new playgroup at the park with some of Riley's friends and they had a blast! I have to say that it took us moms several minutes to remember how to have an adult conversation, but once we started we rambled on for the entire hour and a half. I really think that I will enjoy it so that I can be reminded that I am not the only mother who thinks that she is losing her mind!
After picking up the other kids from school we had to run to Pine Bluff (the closest place to Monticello that has something other than Wal-Mart) to pick up some pants for dad and we ended up in Old Navy. How can we go wrong in Old Navy. It is like the must have staple in any shopping event. Anyway, we went to get Riley some new jeans (can 3 year old really grow that fast?) and mom ended up with some pajama pants, and the other kids got a few sale things. As parents we should know better than to actually believe that we can go in to ANY store for just 1 thing. It is physically impossible!
On the way home, Riley asked me for the thousandth time "Will you play in my woom?" I told him that dad would be home when we got there and he would play with him and he proceeded to ask me "Why can't YOU play with me?" Keep in mind that I have had him suction-cupped to me for a week straight (you how they waffle between which parent they love the best...I won this time) whether it be peeing, showering, cleaning, playing or even trying to sleep in MY bed with my neglected husband. Please tell me that all of the "personal space" will be mine again!?!?!? I think that for the past 2 weeks Riley has slept in our bed more than in his own. I have to explain how he sleeps with us.....one leg over my hip or one foot in my underwear, arm around your neck, face right up in mine and Mom falling off the edge of the King sized bed. Don't get me wrong, I love him with all of my heart but there are sometimes that I just want some space....even if it is only when I am sleeping. The funny thing with last night is that Dad got his share of closeness this morning....he woke up to a small little hand right in the middle of his face! At least he is sharing!

1 comment:

McDreamy said...

you mean your husband's still in the bed with y'all? wow! poor matt's been on the couch since gracie got here... maybe before that, i do have 2 others... but i don't remember. we've not only lost our personal space, but our minds too. oh well.