Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Bottom Sheets

Okay, so I get up this morning (dragging myself from bed, while grumbling the entire time) and do my Kinetics. I get finished and am feeling good about myself and I wake up the rest of the family and figure that I'll get a few little things done while they're getting up and around so I walk into the laundry room....Who in the heck invented the bottom sheet!? Is it just me or does the whole thing seem like a conspiracy? I spent 15 minutes trying to figure out how to fold the stupid thing, and being that this one has elastic all the way around the edge, there was no middle to be found to fold on. I ended up semi-folding, semi-wadding the crazy thing and calling it a day. Please tell me I am not the only one who can't figure this out. Telling me that there are other female adults that find themselves entangled in sheets, in the laundry room, praying that someone will save them?! If there is a secret...PLEASE let me know!

Yesterday was CRAZY!!!! Left the house at 8:30 and didn't make it back until 5:30. Went to the church to pay bills, etc and ended up there until 10:30, got my teeth cleaned at 11:00, got Riley and my hair cut at 11:30, grabbed some food at McDonald's and went to the dealership to eat with the hubby, headed to Wal-Mart for basics and some medicine for Riley, went to the Methodist Church to pick up paperwork for Riley to start pre-school next year and dropped a packet off by Kristy's, picked up the kids from school early for a 2:30 appointment at the dentist to get their teeth cleaned, took Jordyn back to school at 3:20 for her accountability group, went to have Coop's haircut at 3:45, ran back to get Jordyn from school again at 4:10, stopped and ate at Taco Bell, headed home about 5:00 only to come back into town to pick up Ronny's drycleaning and drop Jordyn off at gymnastics. This sounds hectic but take into consideration that the entire time I am toting around Riley who is not feeling good, running a low-grade fever and has had NO NAP! Feel sorry for me yet? Craziness! The really sad thing is that by the time we headed home from dropping Jo off at gymnastics, Riley is nodding off in his seat, so when we got home he slept in my lap, on the couch, for about an hour, running a high fever. Poor little man. Hopefully the antibiotics, that I think I picked up during the marathon, will get rid of whatever this stupid bug is that has implanted itself in my house! IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS HOLY GET OUT!!!!!!!! Needless to say, I was TIRED!!!!!

4 comments:

Kristy said...

glad not every day is like that for you. i would see nothing but a blaze going by! you are funny and the sheet thing is trouble for everyone. I just sort of wad it up and squish it the best i can and tuck the sides into the pile of wadded sheet! make sense?!? actually, they usually never make it out of the "clean clothes basket" if you wanna know the truth.

hoping the illness does leave...

Carolyn said...

Im a wad-der! With the bottom sheets, that is!

McDreamy said...

yeah, wad-der, with no guilt or lingering thought.

McDreamy said...

GET TO BLOGGIN'! I KEEP LURKIN' AND YOU'RE NOT ABLOGGIN'!!