Monday, March 05, 2007

Just Hangin

Well, here I actually made it again but.....there are many, many other things I should really be doing!

My brother-in-law, Tommy, is here visiting from Kansas. It is so hard to have a house guest because Riley loses his room (occupies mine) and I always feel like I have to entertain, even though I probably really don't. Tommy is quite the character....he is the typical 80's throw-back....used to have a mullet but it's gotten thin and so it's a modified mullet, he was the self-appointed black sheep of the family (until he accepted Christ last year) and everything is a huge drama. He is an incredible musician. He can pretty much play any instrument that he sets his mind to and at one time was offered the position of bass player for Kenny Chesney's band (unfortunately, he and Ronny's band, Trick Rider, were working on their own deal...later Ronny decided family was more important). He is a trip!

Jo is trying out for high school cheerleader and I'm not sure how I feel about that. Some of the girls can be a little catty and that really concerns me. You know how girls can sometimes fall into the groove of things that they say they will never do. I just hope that she is stronger than that. There is quite a bit of competition because there are only 5 or 7 spots open for next year and a lot of really good girls. I want her to make it for her....but.....I wouldn't be heart-broken if she didn't. (Am I a bad mother for not wanting to spend my entire summer driving her to and from cheer practice at all hours of the morning?!?!?! Tell me, am I???? It's not like I won't be spending all of my summer with baseball and T-ball being at 2 different fields...not to mention practice....equipment puchases....I'M NOT STRESSING.....I'M NOT STRESSING!!!!)

Oh, I almost forgot....Jordyn is going for her official driver's permit tomorrow so I just wanted to warn everyone that she is on the loose in a 1000lb vehicle...or however much they weigh! She does pretty good but you all know how much there is to remember and you spend more time trying to watch the other crazy drivers! Just thought that I would give you fair warning to prepare for another teenager on the road!!!!!

Hopefully this week will go fairly smoothly.....and we will stay NUMBER ONE in the doubles dart league!!!!! You know that you are all coveting our position...don't lie....it's okay....I refuse to give it up.....HAHAHAHAHA:) We love spending time with all of the team members and if we have to relinguish our position we will do it gracefully....kicking and screaming!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Jim said...

#1...Doubles Dart League...just a matter of time!