Sunday, August 27, 2006

Rain


I love the rain. It's not about the cleansing part of the rain. It's the put on your jammies, curl-up on the couch, football season feel. I wish it would get dark, thunder, lightening and storm like crazy. I don't think its going to happen but I can hope!

Why is life so topsy-turvy? You can go one day and feel crazy and the next you are just calm and happy. I wish God would have sent us manuals with each of us or even just a cheat sheet of some sort. We have friends call us for opinions and support but we can't even begin to help ourselves. I guess that's why God gave us girlfriends.

I am going to try and start a daily routine for myself tomorrow. Start my day off with the Lord and make a plan for the rest of the day. I always have such great plans and yet everyday I find a reason to plant myself on the couch or something and then complain about not having time to get anything accomplished. Why is it so hard to get yourself motivated? Wish me luck!!!!

2 comments:

Sugar-n-Spice said...

me, too! me, too! i love the sound of rain and a football game and little kids running around in jammies. . .the whole bit!
hey, if you're serious about starting a routine. . .i had tried a schedule hundreds of times and it never did work, but then i read "managers of their homes", GREAT book about routines! we have been successful at ours for awhile now. even when i only stick to the first half of the schedule we still accomplish 3 times more than we did all day without it!

Kristy said...

I wanna borrow it too. Maybe Brandi and I could both read it, if she wants.

Brandi, I'm so thankful for you and the times I do call and you encourage me so much. You never fail to put me back on track with a scripture or devotional thought you've read.

So glad you're back to blogging. I missed reading yours!