Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Jeremiah 29:11 -13

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,

"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to

give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon

me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will

seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."



I love this scripture. I am going through Beth Moore's bible study, "Breaking Free" and it has absolutely been a life changing time for me. Some of this study is about childhood abuse and I have never experienced that but the rest has just been an eye opening experience. I long to continually rely on the Lord and I can honestly say that in this season of my life, I am on my knees before the throne with my hands completely open so that my Adonai can plan my life for me. He can be in charge in all areas of my life and I am completely at peace with this. I have never been in this place before and for once I am not afraid to let it all go. For the past few months the Lord has had me in solitude. I am trying to stay at home and spend time with him. It is so easy to get sucked in the things of this world and to get involved in things that really are none of our business or have nothing to do with us and I am tired of the stresses of this life. God is so good to step in when he knows that we have reached the bottom. All of the things in my life were in a state of chaos: my marriage, my children, my heart and it was all because I wanted to be in charge. It was no ones fault but my own. I was the one causing the chaos and I didn't even realize. It was all the state of my heart and I refused to let God be in control and he let me run my life into the ground, then he held out his hand, lifted me up, dusted me off and let me collapse in his arms. Just thinking about that time brings tears to my eyes because my God is sooooo good. He showed me that I must love my beautiful husband and allow him to be human because Christ loves me in my humanness, I must love my children and guide them to his throne just as he is leading me and I must love myself, and see myself through his eyes, so that I can surrender all my life to him.


I want all that the Lord has planned for me. I want to get to heaven and see all of the treasure that he has stored for me. I want it all and my Lord and Savior is giving it to me. I want to lift up those around me (even when I don't feel like it)! I want to spend time daily with Jesus (even when I can't concentrate on anything). I want to love this life and work towards my home in heaven. Would anyone like to join me on the journey? I'm learning that its an incredible ride.


God already knows the plans for our lives.

Why not walk with the trail guide instead of wandering

lost through the forest!

5 comments:

Jenny Sipes said...

I am sooooooooo glad to see you back! I have been missing you!! I love this blog! It is so inspiring! Thank you! Cant wait to read more! Love you

Carolyn said...

Such great words. So glad you are sharing. You have so much to offer all of us. Your words are encouraging and spur us on! Thanks so much!!! Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Omigosh! Did I just see my wife leave a comment? What is THAT all about? I've been bloggin daily for months and no peep from her! ;)

Seriously, that was an incredible entry, and a huge encouragement. I needed it and can't wait to see what you'll be sharing with us next.

I went through Breaking Free a few years back and have to agree... it's probably one of her best studies!

Misty said...

This is probably my favorite scripture and I love the analogy at the end. Why do we get so in despair when all we have to do is give it all over to Him?! Thanks for this entry. I needed it!

Sugar-n-Spice said...

i'm glad to see you back, too. carolyn is right, you do have a lot to offer all of us. i don't comment much these days, but you can be assured i'm lurking! :)