Thursday, October 25, 2007

Refine Me

Search me, O God, and know my heart,
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.
Psalm 139:23-24
I love the song by Nicole Nordeman called "Refine Me". If you haven't heard it, it is worth paying $.99 on iTunes to hear. I ask the Lord everyday to refine me. I want to be put in the fire like the precious metals and have all of the imperfections brought to the surface so that the Father can skim them away. I never really realized how lifelong that process is. We have to be put through the fire in different seasons in our lives to bring different areas of sin or bondage to the surface, but our Lord is always faithful in leaving us with only the purities of Him. I don't ever want to feel like I've reach the point where all of my imperfections are taken care of. I am so enjoying the blessings of the process I'm having with my Adonai. He loves me despite my imperfections and always helps me to deal with them. He holds my hand, wraps his arms around me and tells me that I am not alone in the process and that I will only be closer to Him on the other side. What an incredible thought that is! We have only this lifetime to become the people that our God yearns for us to be. We only have this lifetime to show others the blessings of our Savior. We only have this lifetime to learn, forgive and love. I want to be ready when Christ returns to take us home. Let him refine you. You only have the imperfections to lose, a lifetime of peace to gain and an eternity to spend with Jesus.

No comments: