Thursday, May 25, 2006

Make a Change

As a nation, we are so disconnected from the world around us. America is self-consumed and we don't want to hear of the world's attrocities except for the morbid fascination factor. Its not here, so its not about us. We can't change things a world away. The truly sad thing is that there are attrocities in our own nation that people chose to ignore. If we ignore it, it won't change our comfortable existence. We can stick our heads in the sand. Lord Jesus, fill our minds with the effects of Satan's evil. Make it so that we can't turn a blind eye. Make it so that our hearts ache every moment of the day with the sorrows of this world. Make us long to change the heartaches of the abused, murdered, tortured, oppressed and brokenhearted. I want the Lord to continue this great work he has started in me. Let him change me from selfish to selfless. I want to make a change in the world. I want to be worker. I want to know that the small things that I can do can change the life of another, whether in my own back yard or half-way around the world. I want to instill this in my children. I want my church to be pioneering in the amount we do for others. Change me Jesus, change me.

No comments: