Friday, April 21, 2006

New Members of the Family












You would think that with all of the hundreds of pine trees in Arkansas that this bird would have been a little happier in one of them....guess the menagerie was a little more appealing! There are 4 babies and in just the few days since I took this picture, they are getting feathers and when you get close to the nest they poke their little heads out and start hollering about dinner. They are so cute. Life is so amazing. God sure had to put a lot of thought into the amazingness of creating life and nature. Thank you Lord that my family gets to be continually amazed with you and all you have done in the world.

Life is still as caotic as ever. Between piano, baseball, cheerleading, playgroup, church, tanning (hey, you cannot put on a pair of shorts with the possibility of blinding all of those around you!), etc, etc, etc. I just never I feel like I have ANY sanity. You finally get home from everything and realize that the insanity has spilled over into your house and it looks like the mess monster has thrown up everywhere. I'm really good about making piles....the piles are now mountains and I can no longer find my counter in the kitchen. Kristy and I scrapbooked last weekend and I still have not put anything away and it too is laying in a pile! Calgon take me away..........

My children are feeling the pain of their age difference. Jo is too old to want to do anything that Coop wants to do and Coop is constantly annoyed with anything Boogie wants to do. The boys cannot be in the car for more than 3 seconds and it is on. Riley hit Cooper, Cooper is being snotty to Riley, Riley is crying, Cooper is coping and attitude and refused to talk to Riley, Jo gets in the car and, depending on the day, she either hates everyone or is just indifferent. I always imagined having a boy and a girl but now that I have 3 I'm not sure what I was thinking about having ANY!!!!! Tell me that the rest of you will look at your kids and wonder when it all happened. I look at my babies and think about the fact that someday THEY will be parents and have their own lives and families...now I'm tearing up...and it is crazy. I still feel 17 and when I'm doing laundry, dishes, cleaning house I look around and think that this can't be my life....I'm not old enough. It's amazing how your life changes and you seem to somehow role with the punches (I had to think about how to spell the stupid word..ok so I'm really 90) and suddenly you're a wife and mother but you don't seem to remember it all happening. I can just picture my mom thinking that she can't imagine me being a mother because I can't pick up after myself, clean my room or any of those other grown up things and here I am thinking the very same thing about my children.....Calgon take me away!!!!! ( I know I said that earlier but I'm still here so I thought one more time wouldn't hurt!)

4 comments:

Diana Harton said...

Just be patient....Margueritaville is not to far away.

Kristy said...

I'm so with you on looking around and saying ,"How on earth did I get HERE, to this place in my life. I'm not old enough....!!!!" Glad to know I'm not the only one!

Kristy said...

Hey, Diana. out there in cyberspace at the same time as me. I must admit Margueritaville would give Calgon a run for her money...heh, heh, heh!

Mandy said...

Brandi, just think how I feel.. in most ppl's minds I really am NOT old enough to be doing what I'm doing! ;) Your post made me laugh though... did you know that I'm a closet clean freak? If you unleashed me on your mountainous piles I could do some serious damage to them....